A series of poisoning incidents targeting female students in Iran occur, more than 50 schools are attacked and damage situation movies are released in large quantities on SNS

In Iran, where violations of women's rights have been noted, there have been a series of poisoning incidents targeting schools attended by female students since around November 2022. The frequency of poisoning incidents has increased dramatically since around March 4, 2022, and it has been reported that more than 50 schools have been affected.
Iran says suspected schoolgirl poisonings occurred in more than 50 schools | PBS NewsHour
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/iran-says-suspected-schoolgirl-poisonings-occurred-in-more-than-50-schools
According to the American news media PBS, since the November 2022 discovery of poisoning symptoms at the Shiite holy city of Qom , Iran has seen a rise in poisoning incidents targeting schools attended by female students. The frequency of poisoning incidents has increased dramatically since around March 4, 2022, and as of the time of writing, more than 50 schools have been affected. The affected schools are scattered across 20 of Iran's 31 provinces, suggesting the crimes may be organized.
Many videos documenting the damage caused by the poison have been posted on social media. The following video was reportedly filmed at a girls' school in Shahryar district, Tehran province.
امروز ۱۳ اسفند ۱۴۰۱؛ در دبیرستان دخترانهی توحیدِ شهریار، دانشآموزان پس از شنیدن بوی گاز، مسموم و به بیمارستان منتقل شدند. pic.twitter.com/Qkddj2tiV4
— +۱۵۰۰تصویر (@1500tasvir) March 4, 2023
The video was shot at a hospital in Lahijan, Gilan province, and shows hospital staff carrying oxygen tanks.
مسمومیت دانشآموزان مدرسهی دخترانهای در لاهیجان. مادران این دانشآموزان در بیمارستان میگویند مسئولان مدرسه اجازه نمیدادند بچههایمان را پس از مسمومیت از مدرسه بیرون بیاوریم. ۱۳ اسفند ۱۴۰۱ pic.twitter.com/pEGac2jbUM
— +۱۵۰۰تصویر (@1500tasvir) March 4, 2023
Parents flock to the school where the poisoning incident occurred.
دانشآموزان مدرسهی اعتمادفرد تهران را مسموم و دانشآموزان را سوار آمبولانس کرده در حیاط نگه داشتهاند و در را به روی خانوادههای نگرانشان باز نمیکنند. خانوادهها به در میکوبند و فریاد میکشند.
— +۱۵۰۰تصویر (@1500tasvir) March 4, 2023
۱۳ اسفند ۱۴۰۱ pic.twitter.com/yZXlQLoqQF
There have been reports of attacks on boys' schools as well as girls' schools.
مسمومیت دانشآموزان دبستان پسرانهی مهرویلا در کرج؛ ۱۳ اسفند ۱۴۰۱ pic.twitter.com/kKJ4Vqo0rS
— +۱۵۰۰تصویر (@1500tasvir) March 4, 2023
According to PBS, the number of children who have been poisoned since November 2022 has reached 400. Meanwhile, Iranian state media has described videos posted on social media of children complaining of symptoms such as leg and abdominal pain and dizziness as 'hysterical reactions.'
At the time of writing, the Iranian government had only announced that 'two children were hospitalized due to chronic illnesses,' and no serious symptoms or deaths had been reported.
Related Posts:







